EX-ERA – The era of exchange is here
The Ex-Era case has an edge as everything is exchangeable. You can EX-change bumpers in a great selection colors to match your latest fashion accessories. You can EX-change backcovers in any design to make the iphone as distinct as you. You can even EX-change the battery module with a powerful uNu battery cell which powers up your digital life like a breeze. EX-ERA enables all possibility for your iPhone.
Double Battery Life
Ex-Era can double the usage time for your iPhone 4 and 4S and helps users fully utilize their iPhone to complete daily tasks, such as Talk, web, text, video, music and gaming, without worrying about always having to recharge.
Made for iPhone
Featuring Apple's coveted "Made for iPhone" certification, this powerful smart battery case has passed various lab test to ensure safety and reliability
The EX-Era case is designed to its minimum form factor, plus a 2 piece slide-on detachable design, Ex-Era will only add the bulk when you need extra juice
The Ex-Era features a swappable battery module. It enables endless power supply for your iPhone with additional batteries (purchased separately).
The durable and stylish case offers the full protection of a hard-shell case and will protect your iPhone from bumps and scratches, so your phone will look and function like new.
Don’t give up any iPhone features or functionality. With the Exera, you’ll be able to easily access all of your controls, as well as speaker and microphone.
Slim Back Cover
Swap on the slim back cover, the exera will convert the iPhone back to the size and weight you first fall in love with.
Material: Lithium Polymer
Dimension: 120x62x18 (mm)
Charging Time: 3-4 hours
Life Cycles: >500 Cycles
- posted by Theparlor2 on 2/11/13
- My phone got left out in a snow bank in the rain all night and started right up when I turned it on! This case saved me from having to buy a new phone! Awesome product!
- Excellent value, does exactly what it says
- posted by DocJohn on 1/22/13
I have been using mine for 5 days and love it. While it increases the weight and width, the extra non battery case is an added extra to make the case slim again. I have extra batteries and charger, and now never worry about being with out power again.
the battery case comes very close to doubling the life of the batter.
If you have ever had the frustration of running out of power, this is the case for you. Sleek, trim design easy to use, this case has interchangeable batteries that recharge you iPhone 4 and 4s back to full power in a fraction of the time you would need with the standard AC adapter.
- Sleek design, not functional
- posted by Steve on 12/25/12
1. You cannot charge the phone using the USB to Micro USB cable (provided by Unu) unless you have the "battery back cover" attached to the phone. The "slim back cover" (or normal back) does not charge anything even when the USB to Micro USB cable is attached.
2. You cannot charge the phone using a traditional apple device charger without removing the phone from the case.
3. I purchased this phone hoping to throw the "battery back case" into my bag and use it when the battery is running low. Instead, I can rarely use the "slim back cover" unless I continually disassemble the Unu case (leaving my phone without a case) and charge with a traditional apple charger. In addition, disassembling the phone is not easy; the "bumper" (colored part of the case) is very difficult to remove. If you want to use the Unu as your primary case, you must constantly struggle to remove the bumper each time you wish to charge using a traditional apple charger.
Three important things everyone needs to know before considering purchasing this phone:
- Poor Design Feature
- posted by Allen in Mississippi on 11/6/12
uNu customer service confirmed that with the slim line back cover installed, the iPhone can not be charged or sync'd with the micro USB cable provided with the Exera. You must have the battery pack installed to use the micro USB cable or remove the phone completely from the case and use the larger Apple cable. What a pain! I would not have bought this product had I known I would have to keep two types of cables handy at home, in the car and at work.
1. How do I install the Exera Case onto my phone?
A: The uNu Exera Protective Battery Case has several pieces, a master piece which has the Apple 30-pin connector located at the bottom, a slim back cover, a battery casing, a Lithium Ion battery, and a color bumper. Please connect the iPhone to the Apple 30 pin connector on the master piece. Secondly, place the color bumper on top of the master piece with iPhone facing up and using your fingers gently snap the bumper on to the master piece going from top to bottom. Next, place the uNu Exera Battery into the battery casing. (Make sure to match up the contacts on the battery and the casing) Finally, in this next step, you have the option of using the slim back-cover or the battery shell. Place the small prongs of the back cover onto the back of the master piece and gently slide down to snap the cover into place.
2. How many color bumpers are available for the Exera iPhone 4/4S Battery Case?
A: Currently there are 8 vivid colors to choose from and more on the way. Also the case itself comes in two different colors, Matte Black and Glossy White.
3. Is the battery replaceable for this case?
A: Yes, not only is the battery itself swappable, the back cover and the bumper are also exchangeable too!
4. How do I get the most out of my battery case?
A:To ensure that the case continues to give double the battery life and double charging speed for as long as possible, follow these helpful tips: Fully charging the case by itself overnight before using the product for the first time. Turning on the case only after the battery of the phone gets low, then using it to charge the phone to ensure maximal lifetime of the battery, and keeping the battery case out of extreme temperatures to minimize battery degradation. Additionally, the Exera Case has the ability to swap the battery casing with a slim back cover to reduce weight and ensure a longer lasting battery by reducing its usage.
5. How much extra energy does the Exera Battery Case have?
A: The Exera Battery Case has a battery capacity of 1700mAh, which is the same as the iPhone’s built-in battery. And with our newly introduced “Duo Charging Dock,” you will now be able to experience an unlimited battery power by having three swappable battery packs!
6. Where can I buy additional parts for my Exera battery base?
A: Additional parts for the Exera Battery Case are located on our website in the “Exera” section. Additionally, parts can also be located in the “add-on” section.
7. How makes this case so special?
A: There are two back covers for the Exera case. One is a battery casing with an exchangeable battery inside and the other is a slim back cover without a battery. This way, depending on your current needs, either you can use the battery case to recharge your iPhone, or use the slim back cover when the battery is full to reduce size.
1. What makes the DX-5 so great?
A: The newest addition to the exceptionally popular DX Series line, the DX-5 is the result of three generations of iPhone engineering and design combined into a single case. We have taken all the best parts of the DX-3 and DX-4 (both top sellers on Amazon) and have created a perfect blend of power, protection, and appealing design. With an extra large battery cell while still keeping a small frame, the DX-5 is the new standard in iPhone 5 battery case design.
2. Does this case work for the iPhone 5? What about the 4/4s?
A: The new DX-5 only works for the iPhone 5. If you are interested in iPhone 4 products click here.
3. Can I replace the top piece of the case if it is lost or broken?
A: Yes, additional parts can be purchased on our website in the add-on section.
4. How much battery life can this case provide?
A: The DX-5 has a battery capacity of 2300mAh which approximately yields another 100%-110% power to the iPhone 5.
5. How do I turn the case ON and OFF?
A: The DX-5 uses an ON/OFF button which is located on the back of the case next to the LED battery life indicator display. Simply PRESS and HOLD the button for 3 seconds to turn the case ON or OFF.
6. What is the LED light on the back of the case used for?
A: The LED light on the back of the case serves a couple purposes. First, when charging the LED will flash red to notify you that it is being charged. Once the charge reaches 100% the LED will flash blue. The LED also can display how much battery life is left inside the case.
7. My DX battery case doesn’t charge my phone fully as advertised?
A: Due to high consumption of battery life of specific users, our cases might only be able to charge up to 90% of the battery. The age of the battery is also another factor which might cause the battery case not to be able to charge the phone fully to 100%, this is a common occurrence among heavy usage consumers. We recommend reading our blog for tips on maintenance and preventive care to ensure you’re getting the most out of your case.
8. What is the best way to get the most out of my battery case?
A: Some helpful tips include: Fully charging the case by itself overnight before using the product for the first time, turning on the case only after the internal battery of the iPhone gets low and keeping the battery case out of extreme temperatures to minimize battery degradation. If you would like to learn more about how to get the most out of your battery case click here.
9. Does the DX-5 support sync charging and syncing through the case itself?
A: Like all uNu products, the DX-5 does allow charging and syncing through the case. Users will be able to use the included micro-USB cable to connect the DX-5 to a computer so that they may charge and sync the iPhone 5.
10. Does the DX affect the iPhone’s camera, phone signal or speakers?
A: The DX-5 is designed to work with all the original features of the iPhone 5.
11. I need more help with my case!
A: If you do not see the answer you are looking for here. We also have a general FAQ section which might help answer your question, or you can go to our technical support page to ask a specific question.