UNU ENERPAK TUBE UNIVERSAL BATTERY PACK
With the Enerpak Tube portability and power collide. Able to re-charge almost any smartphone up to 3x while still managing to remain light-weight and completely portable, the Enerpak Tube is the most dynamic battery yet. The 1A USB port allows for almost any USB device to be re-charged at almost double the speed when compared to traditional USB batteries. Also, the light-weight design makes the Enerpak Tube easy to carry and extremely useful in-a-pinch.
The Power of "uNuversal"
Using a 1A USB port to charge almost any USB device, the Enerpak Tube effectively charges most electronics at significantly superior speeds compared to traditional USB batteries. Therefore, no matter what the device, an alternative power source is always within reach.
Designed with over-charge and short-circuit technologies the Enerpak Tube is a safe and reliable source or re-chargable power. Also the Enerpak Tube employs a low-power LED indicator to show when the battery is running low.
Charge Any Devices at Anywhere!
Made to be the perfect travel companion the Enerpak Series Battery Packs are plug-n-play, charges your iPhones, iPods and iPads, and all USB powered devices on-the-go at any location that you need a quick boost.
- Great idea. Needs more robust functionality.
- posted by Alexander on 4/4/13
- I had problems right out of the box, but after charging the pack 4-5 times within 3 days it started functioning properly. I've also seen competitors offering much greater capacity packs for similar price. Overall 4/5. Hopefully it keeps working in the future.
- A Solid Travel-Size Power Station!
- posted by Raymundo on 3/6/13
When I travel, I go light, and I try not to take anything that I think might break or fail. The UNU Enertube weighs in at 5 ounces. Since it has a smooth 'pill' shape, it doesn't get snagged on anything in a satchel or pocket with other items. Importantly, it also doesn't have proprietary connectors that are hard to replace in the field. More than that, it seems to charge virtually any USB powered devices, like a friend's mobile phone.
Battery capacity matters, and the UNU Enertube 5000mAh is more than 3 times iPhone 4S, which for me translated to about 3 days off-grid. Using the stock Apple cables, the recharge rate is phenomenally fast, seemed about 1% per minute (note that it didn't work with one lower quality aftermarket iPhone/iPad cable). The UNU Enertube typically charges all the way to 100%, then shuts off - it doesn't seem to trickle charge after that. Not really a big deal, since I typically carry the PowerGen everywhere anyway and it's easy to just press the button and start charging again. I actually found myself using the LED flashlight - it could be brighter, but carrying a dedicated waterproof headlamp isn't a big deal either.
After a month of travel and daily use, the lack of any drama confirms that the UNU Enertube was a great companion device to my iPhone. It really worked when I needed it and didn't weigh me down when I didn't. I would not hesitate to take the UNU Enertube with me on further travels. So far, so good - a solid piece of gear!
Some years ago, I switched to using my iPhone 4 as my primary travel camera. But between Google Maps, GPS, and the camera, battery life became a real issue and forced me to carry a backup battery for the afternoons and for the times I stay in places without electricity. After reading favorable comments, I selected the UNU Enertube to replace my two smaller capacity batteries and hit the road.
- Great product!
- posted by Enerpak Tube on 11/11/12
- I've only had this product for a couple of weeks, but so far, I love it. Because of the nature of our business, we are running all over cities like NY and London for very long days. Our phones tend to die towards late afternoon, and we need them for the map features, and to stay in touch with colleagues, etc. Our friends got the Unu phone case charger and liked it. I didn't want one of those however, because you have to take off your Otter Box to use it and that's a pain. This little gizmo is perfect. It fits easily in a purse, and plugs right into your phone when you need it. I tested it, and it will recharge 2 phones completely. I gave it 4 stars on the price because I bought it just a couple of weeks ago for $39 and now it's $49! That's a big price jump in a short time. However, I still think it's worth it.
1. How many times can this device charge my iPhone?
A: Because each generation of iPhone has a different battery capacity charging results from the Enerpak Tube can vary. However, iPhone 4 users can generally expect about three full charges while iPhone 5 users should expect about two and a half charges.
2. Can I use this device to charge other, various devices?
A: Yes, the Enerpak Tube is uNuversal, meaning you can use the Tube to charge any devices that use a micro-USB port to charge!
3. I left my Enerpak in the car for a few hours, and when I returned the Enerpak was very hot, does this adversely affect the battery inside?
A: We recommended that the Enerpak is always kept in a cool location for a couple of reasons. One, heat will degrade the battery. Two, such a hot case could hurt you.
4. How many charging cycles does the Enerpak Tube have?
A: The uNu Enerpak Tube generally yields 500 charging cycles in its lifetime.
5. Is the warranty for this product similar to the warranty on the phone cases?
A: All products sold by uNu Electronics are covered by a one-year manufacturer warranty. For more information on our warranty please click here.
6. What is special about this particular Enerpak?
A: The Enerpak Tube is our most portable power-pack. With a 5000mAh internal battery the Tube can charge almost any portable electronic device all while being able to easily fit in a pocket.
7. What can I do to get the most out of my battery?
A: Some helpful tips include: Fully charging the Enerpak by itself overnight before using the product for the first time and keeping the Enerpak out of extreme temperatures to minimize battery degradation. If you would like to learn more about how to get the most out of your Enerpak click here.
8. How do I charge my Enerpak?
A: Use the included micro-USB cable and attach the micro-USB (the smaller end) end into the Enerpak where it says “IN”. Plug the other end of the cable into an available USB port either on a computer or USB wall charger. If done properly the LED display on the front of the Enerpak and will begin flashing red. The Enerpak Tube will be fully charged once the LED displays a continuous blue light.
9. How do I know if my Enerpak Tube has power?
A: PRESS the power button on the side of the Enerpak once. A LED display will apper. If the light is blue, the Enerpak has power remaining. If the light is red, the Tube needs charging.
10. How do I turn my Enerpak Tube ON and OFF?
A: Simply, press the power button on the front of the Enerpak to turn it ON. The Enerpak will automatically turn OFF after 25 seconds of non-use.
11. What does 1A above the USB port mean?
A: The code "1A" next to the USB port refers to Amps. The 1A port is used for charging smart-phones and iPods and MP3’s. Other uNu products, like the Vault carry a 2.1A port which is meant to charge larger devices like tablets and e-readers.
12. I need more help with my Enerpak!
A: If you do not see the answer you are looking for here. We also have a general FAQ section which might help answer your question, or you can go to our technical support page to ask a specific question.